Here is important information about your IELTS test day. Please read it very carefully and follow the instructions and advice to ensure your day goes as smoothly as possible.
If you have questions, please email or call us before the day. We will be unable to answer calls or emails on test day.
Test Day Identification
- You must bring your valid Passport or Canada Permanent Resident Card (whichever you used on the application form).
- No photocopies or other form of identification will be accepted.
- Expired ID will not be accepted.
- Candidates without proper ID will not be allowed to test and will forfeit the test fee.
- If your ID document has a cover please remove it.
- Please arrive at 8:00 AM. This is when the centre opens.
- Registration ends at 8:45 AM. Candidates who arrive after 8:45 AM will not be admitted.
- Use the washroom if necessary. Please do this before registration.
- Give cloakroom staff all bags, electronic devices (including cell phones, wallets, purses/bags and wristwatches) and other valuable items.
- Present your valid, original passport or Canada Permanent Resident Card
- Proceed to the camera and finger scan station. (If you have a head scarf or veil, you may be asked to remove this item in a separate room.)
- Enter the test room when instructed.
- Listening, Reading and Writing tests will be held from 9 am to 12 pm with no breaks in between.
- Speaking tests are held on Saturday afternoon. Test times are assigned randomly.
- You may see the scheduled time of your speaking test online (in the candidate area) 2 days before the test.
- Log in with your email address and reference number (looks like this: CA148-XXXXX-XXXXX) from your confirmation email at https://ielts.britishcouncil.org/CandidateLogin.aspx. Please note you may need to type in your reference number (not copy & paste) to log in.
- Click on “Your Test” and speaking time is shown as below. Your speaking test time may change on test day if other test takers are absent.
- Return to the test centre 20 minutes before the scheduled time of your speaking test.
Stationery and Belongings
- Pens, pencils, sharpeners, and erasers will be provided. Please do not bring these items as they will not be allowed in the test room.
- Cell phones, watches, and other electronic devices and belongings are not permitted in the test room and must be stored in our cloakroom.
- Our cloakroom is secure and you must either use it or leave valuable items at home.
- If you wish to drink during the test please bring your own. Only drinks such as water or juice (with no aroma), in a clear (see-through) container will be allowed in the test room.
- Please avoid using strong colognes or perfumes.
For more information visit: ielts.ca