FREE IELTS Pretesting Information
The next pretest will be in February 2018. Sign up at the pretest website (only active when signup is open)
Who can take a pretest?
- Anyone who is at least IELTS band 4 now.
Is it really free?
- Yes, it’s really free!
What are the benefits?
- Pretesting provides you with valuable experience, under test conditions.
- Find out what an IELTS test is like, and the types of questions that are asked
- Pretest scores can help you focus on weaknesses and choose a test date
What pretests are available?
- The Listening pretest (about 45 minutes)
- The Reading pretest (1 hour 15 minutes)
- Writing pretests (1 hour)
*Not all tests may be available each session. Speaking tests are not part of pretesting.
Is this a full IELTS test?
- You will only take parts of the test you need to practice. The tests are scheduled so that you can take the ones you need. For example, you can take reading one day and writing on another. You can even take Academic on one day and General on another if you need both.
How often is pretesting available?
- Pretesting is offered on dates in the following periods:
- January – March
- April – June
- July – August
- September – November
How do I sign up?
- Sign up at the pretest website (only active when signup is open)
What kind of results will I get?
- You will receive a raw score (the number of correct answers) for both Listening and Reading. You will not be given an IELTS Band Score, but the raw score will give you some idea of your ability in these skills. (Your teacher may be able to calculate an equivalent Band Score for your raw score, but this will be very approximate and cannot be used as an official IELTS result.)
- For the Writing pretest, you will receive a Band Score, but again this cannot be used as an official IELTS result.
How will I get the results?
- Your results will be sent to you via email directly from the test centre. If you registered though an agency you may get your results from them.
When will I get the results?
- Listening and Reading scores are available about 2-3 weeks after the pretest.
- Writing Band Scores are usually available within 4-5 weeks.
Where is the pretest?
Pretests are at our centre:
300-755 Burrard Street
Vancouver, V6Z 1X6
What time should I arrive?
- Please arrive at the time shown on the pretest signup website
What do I need to bring?
- You do not need to bring anything. We will provide pens, pencils, erasers, etc
For more information, visit: ielts.ca